Sunday, August 31, 2014
Friday, August 29, 2014
Happy Feet became egg bound on Sunday, so we set to work with warm baths with Epsom Salts added, tummy massages and a special diet. She laid the egg two days later and is now back to her old self. Hooray! It's sad seeing our girls sick!
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Since we finally got around to getting a new mat for the trampoline a couple of weeks ago, it's been getting a great workout. The girls' are out there at every opportunity, even trying to bounce when it's wet, which is rather tricky! Ella and her friend Bree, had a great time performing new tricks when Bree had a sleepover. They were very tired by the end!
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Without a car yesterday, I stayed mostly at home (I did go for an hour long walk in the rain though!) and got some gardening done and the roses pruned (finally!) Phil mowed the lawn. It's lovely to see the seasons changing again, spring is definitely in the air. We still have quite a bit of rain forecast this week, which will be good for the garden!
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Kate whipped up this yummy slice last night. Here is the recipe if you would like to give it a whirl too!
1 Cup Weetbix, crushed
1 Cup self-raising flour
3/4 Cup sugar
1 Cup desiccated coconut
2 Tbsp baking cocoa
150g margarine, melted
2 Tbsp baking cocoa
1 1/2 Cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp margarine, softened
1-2 Tbsp hot water
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tray.
2. Combine weetbix, flour, sugar, coconut and baking cocoa in a bowl.
3. Add margarine and combine until all ingredients are moist.
4. Press into prepared baking tray and flatten using the back of a spoon.
5. Bake 10-15minutes and allow to cool in tray for 5 minutes.
6. To make icing, sift baking cocoa and icing sugar. Add vanilla, margarine and enough water to form a spreadable consistency. Beat until well combined.
7. When slice is cool, pour chocolate icing over the top and leave to set.
8. Cut into pieces.
Sunday, August 17, 2014
1. Sweet smelling Jasmine
2. Marcus peeping out
3. Gordon watching the guinea pigs
4.Nothing beats homegrown
5. There has been alot of flipping since we got a new mat
6. Cuddles with Gordon
7. Fancy stuff
8 .Ella waiting for the chooks to go in
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Even though we live in suburbia in a single story house, I still have some favourite windows I love to look out. One of those is from the spare bedroom. If I look past the house across the road, I can see the beautiful hills. On a clear day, they remind me a bit of back home, in Havelock North, where my Granny lived and we would visit her for lunch each Sunday. She, like us, lived at the foot of the hills but was surrounded by their beauty.