Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oven Baked Pumpkin Risotto


This is a recipe I've been making for my family for years. It's quick and easy to make, not to mention delicious. I find I always have more pumpkin in the fridge than I need (I love roast pumpkin) so this recipe is a good way to use some of it up.
Oven baked pumpkin risotto

2 cups diced pumpkin
1 cup Arborio rice
1 onion, finely chopped
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
30g butter chopped
3Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
2Tbsp chopped parsley
Season to taste

Place pumpkin, rice, and onion into a large ovenproof dish. Stir in stock. Top with butter. Cover dish tightly with a lid or foil.

Bake in moderate (180 degree) over for 30-40 minutes, or until rice and pumpkin are tender.

Stir in cheese, parsley and seasonings just before serving.

ENJOY!


2 comments:

Libby said...

Yum. I am definitely going to try this. Love rissoto - I made a nice honey roast pumpkin rissoto but this looks MUCH easier. Thanks for sharing.

Domesblissity said...

This looks great Ailsa. I love risotto but it's not always practical to be standing at the stove top stirring it. Things are always hectic at that time of night. I'm going to try your recipe. It sounds great (and looks delicious!)

Anne xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...