Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Listography: Top 5 Toys for Kids

Today, I'm linking up with Kate Takes 5 who is asking us to list our top 5 toys for Christmas.Two of my favourite things to talk about are Christmas and toys, so when I saw this on my friend Domesblissity blog, I knew I had to join in.

I got my girls aged 10 and 8 to help me!

Here's what they said:

1. Wii
Fantastic entertainment for ALL the family. Great for when the girls' have their friends over too. Favourite games are Fitness Plus and Mario Kart.

2. Ipod Touch
I know it's not technically a 'toy' but it's what my girls love at the moment. They get used at every opportunity, not just for playing games (infact that's the least they do on them) but for making dance movies, listening to music and the biggest use - listening to audiobooks!


3. Baby Alive doll

This has been Ella's favourite doll of all time. A couple of years ago, when she was in Grade 1, she took it to school almost every day. So did 3 of her friends and they played with them every recess and lunchtime.

4. Derwent pencils and sketch pad

They got these last Christmas and spent alot of the time away camping using them. They have continued to be widely used this year and new pencils have been added along the way.


5. Smartglobe

This is played with almost daily too. They give each other quizzes and mark tests. While the RWC was on, it became a great source of knowledge finding countries and learning their national anthems.



2 comments:

Domesblissity said...

Hi Ailsa, how are you? Thanks so much for the shout out and joining in Listography. It's fun, isn't it? Kate's a real hoot. Those sure do look like fun things. I guess I'll be hit up for a Wii and iPod when the kids get older. Better starting thinking about a job! LOL

(Been reading your blog but just not commenting. Am busy now right up until Christmas with kids stuff, as you probably know. Congrats on the win to the All Blacks. Bloody buggers! LOL)

Anne xx

Kate said...

Well aren't you posh! I am loving the look of that Smart Globe - may hav eot check that out myself for this Christmas. Thanks to the lovely Anne for linking us up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...