Ella wanted me to make some choc chip muffins last night for the lunchbox and after school snacks, so I googled and found this easy recipe of Nigella Lawsons! They were so yummy! Infact, we all had one as soon as they were out of the oven, and Phil had another later on! I'm certain they are not going to last long!
This is the recipe I used!
Nigella’s Double Chocolate Chip Muffins(adapted from The Food Network, Nigella Lawson – Nigella Feasts)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup caster (super fine) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- extra 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line standard muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar and salt. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour all the liquid ingredients, milk, vegetable oil, and egg, into a 2-cup measuring jug. Using a fork, mix to combine.
- Using a spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over-mix, a lumpy batter makes the best muffins.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Using the remaining 1/4-cup chocolate chips, sprinkle each muffin with a few chips.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy and a cake tester inserted into centre comes out clean.