Friday, May 27, 2011

Simple Fun

The girls raced in the door yesterday and saw a container on the table and immediately asked what it was for. I said it's for all the buttons. We use buttons for craft, and of course sewing back on clothing.
They sat there for ages sorting, picking out favourites and setting them aside, chatting away. They didn't even ask for afternoon tea for a good half hour.
After they had sorted about half the buttons, they had to stop and get ready for swimming lessons. They do love swimming, but today they were happy to sit and sort buttons. They ended up finishing when we got home.
I remember my Mum having a button bag. It was green and lived in a draw in the dining room. I recall as a small girl often asking my Mum if I could play with the button bag. Such fond memories.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...