Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day Five

Last week I booked the girls into a morning holiday program held at our local rec centre. I initially thought one morning would do, as you never really know if they will enjoy it until they are there. I decided on Friday as I work Friday mornings, even though they can come with me during school holidays, I know they would rather be doing something more fun! However when we went to book them in (they came with me after school) they convinced me they wanted two mornings. It only runs Mon, Wed & Fri and seeing Monday was a public holiday, today was the first day!
bags on all ready to go!

To say they were excited is an understatement. They have been talking about it for days. Planning what they would wear. Planning what snack to take. Which drink bottle? They went straight to sleep last night as they knew morning would come quicker if they did (hey, who am I to argue?) I heard them get up way before me and whisper between themselves.

Then Ella came in and asked if they could get dressed now as they had already had breakfast. It wasn't even 7am, but they were so excited I agreed.

It didn't start until 9am and we are like 3minutes down the road. Ella wanted to leave home at 8:20am. She didn't want to be late. It was hard to keep them occupied until 8:50am.

Three hours flew by, both for them and myself and before I know it, it was time to pick them up. They had loved every minute of it and didn't want to go home (we had to race to the airport as Phil's plane was already in) lucky they will be back there Friday.

And they've asked if they can go 3 times next week.

Oh and they did drawing (Kate won her age group colouring-in competition) art and craft, played many games and sport. They will do different things on Friday!

1 comment:

Libby said...

Gotta love kids enthusiasm. Glad it was everything they hoped it would be. Hope you enjoyed some ME time.

Libby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...