Friday, July 22, 2011

On My Mind ...

yum porridge bubbles away on the stove!
WINTER, and no better way to start the day than a bowl of porridge with a sprinkling of brown sugar
I like it lumpy, sometimes with a sliced banana
I make a hige pot fill on the stove, it's very satisfying stirring it with all the steam coming out
It brings back fond memories of my childhood and waking up to Mum stirring the porridge on our chip heater stove
the kitchen always smelled so good
If I have a bowl of porridge for breakfast I am less likely to be hungry an hour later because it's so filling

I love Winter and all that it brings
I wish it would go on for longer than it does here
Crisp mornings, short days and long cosy nights.

Joining up with Down to Earth today
Come along and join in too!

3 comments:

{ T G L } said...

Enjoy the porridge - the ultimate comfort food to keep you warm!

Visiting you from Rhonda :)

Blessings,
This Good Life
http://this-good-life.blogspot.com/2011/07/on-my-mind-sprouting-consciousness.html

xo.sorcha.ox said...

Porridge brings back childhood memories of winter mornings on the farm with my Nanna. :)
~S.

P.S. I like it best drizzled with a bit of honey or maple syrup, and you definitely can't go wrong with a bit of banana.

Becky said...

I wish it was cool enough for a jacket here... it got up to 102*F with a heat index of 109*F here in South Carolina - USA. SO HOT! I grew up eating "Wheatina" or Oatmeal for breakfast. I still enjoy oatmeal with brown sugar but it's quite hard to find Wheatina anymore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...